This quatre épices recipe, or four spices, is used to season everything, from soups to grilled chicken, in the French kitchen. This traditional version uses white pepper; black pepper can be used as a substitution.
- 2 tablespoons pepper (ground, white)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (ground)
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg (ground)
- 1 tablespoon cloves (ground)
- Stir the spices together and store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
This quatre épices recipe makes 5 tablespoons or slightly less than 1/3 cup of spice mixture.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|