Quesadillas are one of the easiest recipes to make. All you do is layer a few ingredients in between two tortillas, brush the outsides with a little butter or olive oil, then grill or cook in a skillet until the filling is hot and the tortillas are toasted. These best quesadilla recipes are delicious, using lots of different ingredients.
One of the nicest things about this type of hot sandwich is that you can make one for each member of the family and cater to their wants and needs. If your daughter doesn't like beef, but your son does, make a chicken quesadilla for her and a beef and salsa variety for him.
There are several ways to make quesadillas. You can:
- Place filling between two tortillas and cook on griddle, nonstick pan, or grill for 2-4 minutes on each side until crisp.
- Place filling between two tortillas, spray outsides with nonstick cooking spray or brush with butter or oil and bake at 400 degrees F 10-15 minutes until tortillas are toasted and filling is hot.
- Place filling on half of a tortilla and fold the other half over to cover. Grill, cook, or bake the quesadilla as desired.
Quesadillas are an excellent way to use up leftovers. Leftover bits of chicken, cooked rice, hamburger, salmon, pork, or steak make a delicious hot sandwich with just a few more ingredients, especially shredded cheese and cooked vegetables. Have fun with quesadillas!
- Beef and Bean Quesadillas
Ground beef and refried beans, along with shredded cheese, form the rich and hearty filling for these delicious quesadillas.
- Steak Quesadillas
If you have leftover grilled or broiled steak on hand, this wonderful recipe is easy and delicious.
- Chicken Pesto Quesadillas
This twist on a quesadilla is really delicious. Pesto adds flavor and color to the classic chicken quesadilla. I like to serve this one with warmed cheese sauce.
- Black Bean Salsa Quesadillas
A can of black beans, some salsa, cheese, and tortillas come together to make an excellent vegetarian quesadilla in minutes.
- Cheesy Quesadillas
Use any combination of cheese and tortilla in this super easy quesadilla recipe. As a matter of fact, let your kids put them together!
- Veggie Quesadillas
Lots of vegetables make this quesadilla hearty and nutritious. Serve with guacamole for dipping.
- Refried Bean Quesadillas
Refried beans, black beans, and sauteed onions make these baked quesadillas super delicious. And they're easy too.
- Easy Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
Chicken and cheese make a simple filling for a crisp quesadilla. Serve with salsa for a flavor and temperature contrast.
- Spinach Quesadillas
This super simple three ingredient recipe can be dressed up by serving it with salsa or a cheese sauce. Or add any cooked vegetable, from chopped onions to garlic to green peas.