There's no such thing as a silly question, right? Some of these vegetarian questions may seem silly, but they are also genuine concerns about vegetarianism. Even if you're not wondering about these questions, many people are, and they may come to you for an answer. Browse these questions and make sure you have a good answer ready - people who aren't vegetarian are always curious and will want to know!
If you're grasping with some ethical and philosophical questions about vegetarianism or just want to know where vegetarians get their protein from, read on to find out the answers to FAQs you may be wondering about when choosing your environmentally-friendly, healthy and kind diet!
See also: Thinking of going vegetarian? Start here!
General vegetarian questions:
- How much weight will I lose when I go vegetarian or vegan?
- What, exactly, is a vegetarian?
- I'm thinking of going vegetarian. What do I need to know?
- How do I become vegetarian?
- Are there poisonous chemicals (such as arsenic) in chicken?
- If I go vegetarian, do I have to eat tofu?
- Why do vegans love hummus so much?
- Do vegetarians eat meat? What is a flexitarian? Can I be semi-vegetarian?
- What is a pescetarian? Is a pescetarian a vegetarian?
- If I go vegan, can I still drink alcohol?
- Can vegetarians eat fish?
- Where can I buy vegetarian food?
- Who are some famous vegetarians?
- Animals kill other animals for food, so why shouldn't we humans, too?
- If we all go vegetarian, won't the planet become overrun with uneaten cows, pigs and chickens? What will we do with all the millions of farm animals just lying around?
- God gave us animals to eat. The Bible says we have "dominion" over them, so why shouldn't we eat them?
Is it vegetarian? Is it vegan?
- Is cheese vegetarian?
- Is fish vegetarian?
- Are eggs vegetarian?
- Is milk vegetarian?
- Is butter vegan?
- Is caviar vegetarian?
- Can I still eat chocolate if I go vegan?
- Is poultry seasoning vegetarian?
- Can vegans eat yeast?
- How do I know if a recipe should be a main dish or a side dish?
- Is ramen vegetarian?
- What is tofu and how do I cook it?
- Do you have some easy tofu recipes?
- What can I use instead of eggs?
Vegetarian nutrition questions:
- How can I get enough protein on a vegetarian diet?
- Can I get enough vitamins and nutrients on a vegetarian diet?
- Where can I find a vegetarian or vegan RD?
- What are trans fats? Are there trans fats in vegan foods?
Got more questions about vegetarianism, or didn't see your question answered here? Send me an email and I'll try to answer it!