- 4 boneless chicken breast halves without skin
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (16 ounces) spaghetti sauce, or 1 1/2 to 2 cups homemade
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Put chicken between pieces of wax paper, or in a food storage bag; pound gently to flatten for even cooking.
- Dip chicken into egg then into crumbs to coat.
- In skillet over medium heat, in hot butter, brown chicken on both sides. Add sauce then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and parsley.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes, until cheese melts.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||96 g|
|Saturated Fat||31 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||38 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|