|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This easy and delicious chicken Parmesan is made with purchased or homemade spaghetti sauce, along with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Serve this great tasting chicken dish with hot cooked spaghetti or linguine for a satisfying family dinner everyone will love.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves without skin
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (16 ounces) spaghetti sauce, or 1 1/2 to 2 cups homemade
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Wash chicken and pat dry.
Put chicken between pieces of wax paper, or in a food storage bag; pound gently to flatten for even cooking.
Dip chicken into egg then into crumbs to coat.
In skillet over medium heat, in hot butter, brown chicken on both sides. Add sauce then reduce heat to low.
Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Sprinkle with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and parsley.
Cover and simmer 5 minutes, until cheese melts.