This fresh cranberry sauce is quick and easy to prepare and cook. Spice the sauce with a dash of cinnamon or add some freshly grated orange zest for extra flavor.
Serve this delicious sauce with a chicken or turkey dinner, ham, or pork.
- 1 package/12 ounces cranberries(fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup sugar (brown, packed)
- 2/3 cup sugar (granulated)
- 1 cup orange juice
- Optional: 1 teaspoon zest (orange)
- Optional: 1 dash cinnamon
- Rinse and pick the cranberries over, discarding damaged berries; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring the sugars and orange juice to a boil and cook, stirring, until sugars are dissolved.
- Add the cranberries and orange zest or cinnamon and bring back to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cranberries are popping.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|