|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
So you've got a great dish grilling up and need to throw together something to go with it? Put some thick-sliced French bread on the grill to make toasted garlic bread for a quick and easy side.
8 slices thick French bread
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) softened butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.25 mL) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Pinch of salt (about 1/8 teaspoon)
1. Mix softened butter with garlic powder, parsley, and salt in a small bowl. Brush over both sides of each slice of bread.
2. Place onto a hot grill and cook on each side until the bread begins to show grill marks. Flip and continue grilling.
3. Remove when the bread starts to get crunchy, about 4 to 5 minutes.