Indian food doesn't have to take a long time to prepare. This collection of Easy Indian recipes gives you quick Indian food -- including snacks and beverages -- that can be whipped up in no time.
Recipes for when you have an attack of the nibbles or want to whet your appetite!
- Vada Pav - Veggie Burger
- Bhajias - Vegetable Fritters
- Mirchi Pakoda - Green Chilli Fritters
- Dhokla - Steamed Gram Flour Snack
- Spicy Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Spinach and Minced Meat Soup
- Chicken Tikka Sandwich
- Jhaal Muri - Spicy Puffed Rice Salad
- Mango Pickle Sandwich
- Bread Pakoda Sandwich
- Toasty Paneer Sandwich
- Mint Chutney Sandwich
Rice & Bread Recipes
Rice and bread (or at least one of them) are included with every Indian meal. Boring you say? Not at all. With the variety of delicious recipes for making them, you'll never call them 'staples' again.
- Makki Ki Roti - Pan-fried Maize Bread
- Methi Paratha - Fenugreek Stuffed Paratha
- Palak Paratha - Spinach Stuffed Paratha
- Paneer Paratha - Cottage Cheeese Stuffed Paratha
- Green Chicken Pulao
- Peas Pulao
- Junglee Pulao
- Parsi Brown Rice
- Jeera Rice - Cumin Rice
- Lemon Rice
- Tomato Rice
- Curd Rice
- Bisi Bele Bhaath
- Fried Idli
Roasted, curried, pickled or barbecued - there's a recipe for every style of meat you might want to eat.
Chicken & Pork Dishes
Chicken and Pork are both versatile and easy to cook. Here are some simple but tasty recipes for when you want to cook them in a hurry!
Fish & Seafood Recipes
In India's coastal areas, fish and seafood are hot favourites - fried, curried and sometimes even pickled. Families often get to the fish market as early as they can for the fresh catch of the day.
Not only does India have a dazzling array of fresh vegetables, each region has its own style of cooking them! This makes for mind-boggling variety. Vegetarian dishes are also, by and large, very quick and easy to put together. As a result, they are the perfect food for when you're short on time.
- Palak Daal - Moong Lentils with Spinach
- Sookhi Moong Ki Daal - Dry Moong Lentils
- Tadka Daal - Tempered Lentils
- Lehsuni Daal - Garlic Flavored Lentils
- Mutter Mushroom Ki Subzi - Peas & Mushrooms Curry
- Bharvaan Baingan - Stuffed Baby Eggplant
- Baingan-Aaloo Ki Subji - Eggplant-Potato Curry
- Bhindi Ki Subji - Stir Fried Okra
- Bund Gobhi Ki Subji - Stir Fried Cabbage
- Palak Ki Subzi - Stir Fried Spinach
- Kaddoo Ki Subji
- Gherkin Stir Fry - Tendli Bhaaji
- Aaloo Shepoo Ki Bhaaji - Stir Fried Potato & Dill
- Zucchini Ki Bhaji - Stir Fried Zucchini
- Warm Moong Bean Salad
- Paneer Bhurjee - Stir Fried Paneer
- Bharvaan Simla Mirchi - Stuffed Peppers
- Sai Bhaaji - Sindhi-Style Mixed Vegetables
- Paneer Kabab - Cottage Cheese Kabab
Side Dishes & Salads
They play the important supporting actor to the main course dish. Things wouldn't be the same without sides and salads.
Pickles & Chutneys
Pickles and chutneys in India range from spicy to sweet and soft to crispy. They're the perfect partner for a well made meal and a 'perker-upper' for a not so perfect one!
They cool you down when things get hot or warm you up when the temperatures drop. From chai to panna and nimbu pani to filter coffee, learn how to make some favourite Indian beverages.
Sweets & Desserts
Most Indians will confess to having a sweet-tooth. Can you blame them? The delicious variety available is too much to resist! Here are some you can put together at short notice...