|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||33%|
|Total Carbohydrate 51g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||18%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
I used Irish oatmeal in this delicious and easy peach crisp. Use light or no added sugar peaches in this recipe. You can put this together in as little as 10 minutes, and it's a wonderful dessert to serve warm, with a scoop of ice cream or drizzling of heavy cream.
- 1 large can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, light or dark
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled or quick oats, or Irish oatmeal
- 1 scant teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
Heat oven to 375 F and lightly butter an 8-inch square baking dish or pan.
Arrange the drained peaches in the baking dish.
Combine the brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and butter. With a pastry mixer or hands, blend the ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle the oat mixture evenly over the peaches.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the topping is nicely browned. Serve warm with ice cream or a drizzling of heavy cream. Or, top with a dollop of whipped cream or whipped topping and sprinkle with a little ground cinnamon or cinnamon-sugar mixture. Serves 6.