A quick and easy vegetarian and vegan vegetable fried rice recipe. Fried rice with vegetables is an easy and versatile dish perfect for vegetarians and vegans. I made this basic version with the vegetables I happened to have on hand, which was spinach, tomatoes and green beans. For a main dish, add some diced tofu for a vegan entree, or, mix up an egg or two and just add it in to the mix! Couldn't be easier!
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1 large handful spinach (chopped)
- 1 large handful green beans (or other vegetables of your choice, chopped)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/3 teaspoon salt (sea salt is best)
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- Sautee garlic in olive oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice and stir to combine. Add remaining ingredients, except for salt and lime juice. Allow to cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in the salt. My secret for a great vegetarian fried rice recipe is to squeeze some fresh lime juice into the mix just before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|