This banana cake is just the right size for a small family, the perfect weekend cake for a busy family. Serve this banana cake as a snack cake or as a dessert. It's great with cream cheese frosting or whipped cream topping, or sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar.
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 to 3well-ripened bananas, mashed, about 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cupbuttermilk or sour milk
- 1 teaspoon
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cupsall-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 scant teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon
- ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8- or 9-inch square pan.
- In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg, milk, vanilla, and mashed banana until blended.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients and spices. Stir the dry ingredients into the first mixture until moistened.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched with finger.
- Frost with a cream cheese frosting or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|