This chicken pot pie is surprisingly easy to prepare and bake. The condensed soup gravy and biscuit mix biscuit topping make the pie quick and easy, and the flavor is excellent.
For an even faster prep, use a rotisserie chicken for the diced cooked chicken and use drained canned mushrooms.
Turkey or Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 1/2 cups chicken (cooked, diced)
- 4 ounces mushrooms (sliced, about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups peas and carrots (or mixed vegetables, frozen)
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/2 can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken soup)
- 1/4 cup milk (or amount needed to thin the gravy soup slightly)
- For the Topping:
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Put the chicken, vegetables, salt and pepper in a 2-quart casserole.
- In a bowl, combine the soup with just enough milk to give it a gravy-like consistency. Pour over the chicken and vegetables.
- In another bowl, blend the shortening or butter into the biscuit mix and add 3/4 cup milk. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the batter over top of casserole.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
You Might Also Like