This quick, lightly sweetened cinnamon butter makes an excellent topping for plain baked or mashed sweet potatoes or winter squash. It takes just a minute or two to make! Feel free to alter the amount of cinnamon and sugar to suit your taste.
I like to serve this cinnamon butter with quick bread, scones, or muffins. The butter is pictured with this pineapple nut bread. It would be a nice spread for pancakes or waffles as well.
The recipe makes about 1/3 cup, and it's easily scaled up for a large dinner or brunch.
- 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. In a small bowl combine the softened butter, cinnamon, and powdered sugar; blend thoroughly and chill until serving time.
2. Serve rounded teaspoonfuls on baked or plain mashed sweet potatoes, or serve it along with quick bread, muffins, scones, or pancakes.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|