|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This easy fresh tomato chutney mixture makes an excellent ketchup alternative for topping your burgers, meatloaf, or hot dogs.
The tomato chutney is a lightly sweetened and spiced tomato mixture with great flavor and a chunky texture, and it is a fabulous idea for using any extra fresh tomatoes you might have lying around.
Click Play to See This Quick Fresh Tomato Chutney Recipe Come Together
- 3 large tomatoes (peeled with seeds removed)
- 3 tablespoons onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar (or light brown sugar)
- Dash cinnamon
- Dash allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Gather the ingredients.
In a small saucepan, combine the tomatoes, onion, vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and pepper. Place the saucepan over medium-low heat.
Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently until thickened - about 10 to 15 minutes.
Transfer to a canning jar or container.
Cover and refrigerate for up to two weeks.
- Serve the chutney as a topping for meatloaf or burgers, or use it as a condiment to serve along with a family meal. It's delicious with beans, pork, and steaks.
You Might Also Like