This easy fresh tomato chutney mixture makes an excellent ketchup alternative for topping your burgers, meatloaf, or hot dogs.
The tomato chutney is a lightly sweetened and spiced tomato mixture with great flavor and a chunky texture, and it is a fabulous idea for fresh tomatoes.
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled, seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark or light
- brown sugar
- Dash cinnamon
- Dash allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine the tomatoes, onion, vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and pepper. Place the saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a canning jar or container. Cover and refrigerate for up to two weeks.
Serve the chutney as a topping for meatloaf or burgers, or use it as a condiment to serve along with a family meal.
It's delicious with beans, pork, and steaks.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|