Quick and flavorful, these sweet potatoes go great with pork, ham, and even lamb. A little maple syrup and orange juice jazz up these mashed sweet potatoes.
Boil or steam the sweet potatoes and then mash with the syrup and seasonings.
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, dark or grade B if possible
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 1-inch slices.
- In a deep skillet or saucepan, bring a few inches of water to a boil. add the sweet potatoes, cover the pan, and cook for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until very tender. Alternatively, steam slices over simmering water in a covered pan.
- Put the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and add the maple syrup, salt, pepper, orange juice, and butter. Mash or beat until well blended. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|