Bake these great little biscuits to serve with a breakfast or brunch casserole, or make them as a treat or dinner dessert for your family.
The biscuits are super easy to make with refrigerated biscuits, canned peaches, and a little coconut. Just bake them in muffin cups and you have a fabulous dessert!
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced peaches (or about 3 snack-size packages)*
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 (7.5-ounce) package refrigerated biscuits (country style or buttermilk, 10 biscuits)
- Generously butter 10 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Line a 10-by-15-by-1-inch jelly roll pan with foil or have a large pan or piece of foil ready for the biscuits. You will need to invert the biscuits onto the pan or foil as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Drain the peaches, reserving 2 tablespoons of the syrup. Dice the sliced peaches or slice thinly crosswise.
- Combine the melted butter with the brown sugar, coconut, and the 2 tablespoons reserved syrup.
- Put 2 teaspoons of the brown sugar and coconut mixture into each of 10 muffin cups. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of diced peaches over the mixture. Open the package of biscuits and separate into 10 biscuits. Place 1 biscuit in each of the 10 muffin cups.
- Bake the biscuits for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown. Immediately and carefully invert the biscuits onto the foil-lined jelly roll pan or baking pan.
*This recipe will use about two-thirds of the can, or you can use about 3 of the small snack size packages of diced peaches.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|