There's really no recipe more comforting than this one for Swedish Meatballs. And it takes just a few minutes to prepare! Serve over hot cooked rice or egg noodles with Peas and Carrots.
Swedish meatballs are just plain meatballs served in a creamy white sauce that is seasoned with mushrooms and onions. This one has a golden color because it adds golden cream of mushroom soup. The recipe is rich and delicious and perfect for a cold winter night.
Serve it with a nice green salad tossed with grape or cherry tomatoes and drizzled with a mild vinaigrette. Some garlic bread or toasted rolls would be a nice accompaniment.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1/2 (16-ounce) packages frozen wild rice meatballs
- 1 (16-ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can golden cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 to 6 minutes or until the mushrooms start to brown.
- Add the meatballs; cook, stirring occasionally and shaking pan, until the meatballs are no longer frozen, about 10 minutes.
- Add the Alfredo sauce and the golden cream of mushroom soup to the pan.
- Pour the milk into the Alfredo sauce jar; put cap on lid tightly and shake. Pour this mixture into pan.
- Bring the mixture in the skillet to a simmer.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, for 5 to 10 minutes until the meatballs are hot.
- Stir the sour cream into meatball mixture and serve immediately over hot cooked rice or egg noodles.