This Ramen noodle cole slaw recipe is a staple at many a summer picnic, cookout and barbecue. The Ramen noodles aren't even cooked - they just add a lovely crunch to this dish. If you don't have oriental flavored Ramen noodles, feel free to use the chicken or beef flavored noodles instead.
But you don't have to wait for a cookout to enjoy this easy side. Make it any time you're serving chicken, beef or fish.
Don't Miss: 10 Crisp Summer Salads
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 3 oz. package oriental-flavored Ramen noodles
- 16 oz. package cole slaw mix (cabbage, carrots) or 1 large head cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together canola oil, vinegar and honey. Whisk in the seasoning packet from the Ramen noodles.
- Place Ramen noodles in a sealed plastic bag, and crush with your fingers or a rolling pin. Pour into the dressing in the salad. bowl.
- Pour cole slaw mix over top. Toss to coat well with the dressing.
- Top with peanuts.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|