These cookies are loaded with flavor and texture. Add chocolate chips, raisins, or nuts if you like.
A stand mixer can handle the dough well, but it could also be kneaded or mixed with your hands when the dough gets difficult to stir.
- 1 cup shortening (or butter at room temperature)
- 1 cup white sugar (granulated)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour (9 ounces, all-purpose)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup coconut (flaked)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, or grease the baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until well blended and smooth. Beat in the vanilla.
- Combine flour, soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl and stir to blend thoroughly. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture; stir in cornflakes, oats, coconut, and chocolate chips, if using.
- Drop by cookie scoop or spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet and bake at 350 F for about 12 to 14 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|