The raspberry chicken breasts are grilled, pan grilled, or broiled and then served with a very easy raspberry sauce.
This raspberry chicken recipe makes a tasty meal with hot cooked rice or a small pasta, such as orzo or ditalini. Or serve the chicken with another grain, like farro, quinoa, or couscous. Add cooked spinach or broccoli for a fabulous meal. Or slice the cooked chicken and arrange it on fresh spinach leaves with thinly sliced red onions. Drizzle some of the sauce over the chicken.
The chicken is marinated briefly with a balsamic vinaigrette, homemade (below) or purchased.
- 4 chicken breast halves (boneless)
- 3 oz. balsamic vinaigrette (purchased or homemade, see below)
- 2 cups raspberries (red, fresh)
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar (or red wine vinegar, or white wine vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon (crumbled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Gather the ingredients.
- Put chicken breast halves between sheets of plastic wrap; gently pound to flatten to an even thickness. If the chicken breasts are large, slice them in half horizontally to make cutlets. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; drizzle or brush with balsamic vinaigrette. Cover and refrigerate.
- Clean the raspberries and put a few aside for garnish. In a saucepan, combine berries, jam, vinegar, tarragon, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Let cool slightly. Spoon about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the sauce into a bowl, then strain the remaining raspberry sauce through a fine mesh strainer into the same bowl. Keep warm or refrigerate the sauce and warm it up when ready to serve.
- Grill chicken pieces over medium coals for about 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Alternatively, pan grill or broil the chicken breasts. Arrange the chicken on a platter or individual plates. Spoon raspberry sauce over the chicken pieces and garnish with some fresh berries, if desired.
- Serve raspberry chicken with rice or pasta, along with spinach or broccoli.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Combine 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil with 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, about 1 teaspoon of honey or granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, and salt and pepper, to taste. Shake or whisk until well blended.
Tips and Variations
Slice the raspberry chicken and serve it with some of the sauce over fresh baby spinach leaves with sliced red onions.
Add 2 teaspoons of lemon or orange zest to the sauce mixture.
Spice the sauce up with a few teaspoons of minced jalapeno or chipotle chile peppers.
You Might Also Like