|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 60g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 12g||42%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This raw vegan orange and kale salad recipe is a quick and easy way to enjoy raw kale. Kale has so much in it that is good for you, it is especially high in Vitamins K, A and C. There are limitless ways to enjoy kale salad. I like it a little bit sweet, a little bit spicy, with just the right amount of saltiness. Massaging the dressing into the raw kale leaves with your hands will ensure even coating and is the best way to make this salad. The longer you let the dish sit before eating, the more the kale will wilt, making it easier to chew. You'll be amazed how much the kale will reduce after just an hour in the fridge.
- 1 large bunch kale (curly or dinosaur kale)
- 1 orange (squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (cold-pressed, or coconut oil)
- Optional: 2 teaspoons agave nectar (raw)
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic (minced or pressed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (sea salt)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tangerines (peeled and separated into sections)
- 2 tablespoons currants (or raisins)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
Hold each leaf of kale and rip small, bite-sized pieces of the greens off of the stem and collect them in a bowl.
Add the orange and lime juices, oil, agave, garlic, salt and cayenne to the bowl and massage the ingredients into the leaves of the kale for at least 2 minutes. Either allow the kale to sit and marinate (for 30 minutes to overnight in the fridge) or distribute to plates and top with the tangerines, currants, and grated carrot. Enjoy your raw kale salad!