These raw food diet lettuce wraps have a hint of Mexican spiciness to them, hence the "burrito" simile. These wraps make a great entree for a raw food meal or a raw food potluck, and, because they're so easy and tasty, they're a great raw transitional food too. They're naturally gluten-free, of course. Click here for more raw food diet resources and recipes.
- 2 very ripe avocados
- 3 tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper (diced)
- 2 tbsp yellow onion (diced)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 3/4 cup corn (kernels from one ear raw corn)
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 6-8 large lettuce leaves
In a medium sized bowl, mash the avocado.
Add remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed.
Spread 2-3 tablespoons of this mixture onto lettuce leaves and wrap. Enjoy!