You don't have to dig very deep to find great reasons why you should eat celery salads. Celery is highly nutritious. It has a lot of Vitamin C which is great for the immune system, is known to lower cholesterol, and prevent heart disease, strokes, and cancer. If you need any better reason, this salad tastes delicious too! I have also found that it tastes great with the Raw Ranch Dressing found in this salad recipe.
- 4 cups sliced celery
- 1/2 cup raisins (or currants or cranberries)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Toss the celery, raisins or other dried fruit, parsley, and walnuts together.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and toss again.
- Serve with your desired amount of freshly ground black pepper.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||34 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|