When the green beans are dripping off the vine, it's time to come up with a raw vegan green bean salad recipe! So here she is. I love coriander, but if you don't have it ground you may want to leave it out, the crunchy seeds will not soften in this raw dish. You can substitute the white part of a green onion for the leek, or if you have to use red onion you may want to mince it. (I admit I used half toasted sesame oil instead of the all raw olive oil because it went so well with the Indian spices!)
If you're eating a raw vegan diet, don't miss these amazing and beautiful raw food salad recipes.
- 2 cups green beans (sliced into 1/4-inch pieces)
- 1 cup carrot (shredded, peeled)
- 2 tablespoons leek (diced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (cold-pressed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 teaspoons Nama shoyu
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Place the green beans, carrots, and leek in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients together until well combined. Pour over the vegetables and stir well to coat.
- Wait for at least 10 to 20 minutes before adjusting the flavor as the spices and ginger flavors will enhance over time. If not serving immediately, refrigerate in an airtight container.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|