Green smoothies were a huge hit in the raw vegan food scene years ago before they crossed over to the mainstream. Now, they seem to be just about everywhere and this is one food trend I personally really hope sticks around, as I'm a huge fan of getting my greens!
While you really can use any green in a green smoothie (spinach, chard, arugula sorrel, mustard greens), raw kale contains large quantities of anti-oxidants and other anti-cancer nutrients as well as beaucoup chlorophyll, manganese, calcium, and B-vitamins, making it the ultimate healthy superfood. This simple raw food green smoothie recipe with raw kale can be made even simpler by adjusting to whatever greenery you have on hand. The parsley and cilantro add their distinctive flavors while the mint reminds you of a favorite dessert. With great taste and immense nutritive value, this raw vegan food green smoothie with either dinosaur kale or curly leaf kale is a win-win scenario for everyone!
If you want to get your green smoothie groove on, but want to try something completely different, check out these green smoothie and strawberry popsicles - they're as delicious as they are adorable and healthy.
If you're new to the wonderful world of green smoothies, first of all, welcome, you're going to love it, and secondly, you might want to learn more about the myth vs the truth with this article: The healthy truth about green smoothies; then, check out more ways to enjoy green smoothies with these 8 ways to make a healthy green smoothie at home.
- 2 cups sliced banana
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange or grapefruit juice
- 1 1/2 cups tightly packed dinosaur or curly leaf kale
- 1/4 cup lightly packed parsley
- 1/4 cup lightly packed cilantro
- 1/4 cup lightly packed mint leaves
- Gather the ingredients.
- Blend all of the ingredients together for 10 to 20 seconds or until the greens have completely blended in. You may need to add a little bit more or less of the liquid in order to get everything moving and incorporated, and, if you prefer a colder drink, add a couple ice cubes into the mix as well.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- A green smoothie with kale is one of the nutrient-rich foods on the planet. You'll be buzzing with energy after downing this for breakfast, so have a great day!
See also: More green smoothie recipes
Like getting your greens? Here are four ways to get more greens!