No added sugar is needed in this raw foods recipe since this applesauce is naturally sweet. Just be sure to use sugar-free, naturally dehydrated fruits or dates in order to make this recipe truly raw and appropriate for those on a raw foods diet. If you're not concerned about it being raw, any dried fruit will work just fine. Try experimenting with dried peaches and pears, as well as apricots - yum!
- 3 large apples
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup dried apricots (or 5-6 large dates)
- Place the dates or dried fruit in a small bowl and cover with the water.
- Allow to soak for at least 15-20 minutes. This will soften the fruit and make it easier to blend.
- Remove the core from the apples, chop into several large chunks each and place in blender or food processor.
- Add the fruit and the water and puree until smooth, adding a bit more water if needed.
- Garnish with a bit of freshly ground cinnamon if desired.
See also: More resources for a raw foods diet
More Raw Food Recipes:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|