|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 38g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
After eating this Chinese-inspired Raw Vegetable "Unstirfry" you may wonder what you ever needed a wok for! The raw veggies stay crisp and colorful while softening up a bit in the dehydrator to give a warm, comforting feeling - just like cooked Chinese food.
For the sake of beauty and an array of nutrients, the recipe calls for three colors of bell peppers, but one will suffice. You can also skip the oil if you can't find cold-pressed sesame (olive and coconut oil will change the flavor considerably).
Pair this raw food vegetable dish with raw cauliflower "rice" for a filling meal.
- 1 large zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup cremini or button mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 each red, orange and yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 to 3-inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Optional: 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- Optional: 1 to 2 tablespoons cold-pressed sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon black or white sesame seeds
Toss all of the ingredients together and dehydrate at 145 F for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
Remove and eat immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container.
This raw food Chinese "stir-fry" dish is perfect served over Raw Cauliflower Rice, but there are a variety of different side dishes that could go well with this; feel free to get creative.