|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||23%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
On a raw food diet? Raw soup may seem a little out-of-the-box, but just wait until you sink your spoon into this savory nutritious raw cream of broccoli soup. The broccoli blends with the cashews to create a creamy texture while the herbs and spices create a flavor your palate will instantly recognize. Vary the herbs according to what you have on hand. If you serve this raw food soup immediately, it will even be a little warm from the blending!
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped broccoli stems
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Optional: 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon dill (fresh or 1 teaspoon dried dill)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 1 teaspoon thyme (fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1 tablespoon nama shoyu
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper or cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Garnish: fresh dill
Gather the ingredients.
Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 to 40 seconds or until a creamy consistency is reached. You may wish to add a little more water.
Garnish your raw cream of broccoli soup with extra fresh dill. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- If refrigerated, you may want to warm the soup to room temperature before serving.
- Store any leftover soup in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. It can also be frozen for up to 6 weeks.