|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 2 cups gravy (serves 10)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 2g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Raw vegan food can be deeply satisfying with recipes for sauces like this raw vegan mushroom gravy. You can use this simple raw vegan mushroom gravy for holiday dishes or any other time of year.
Everything tastes better with yummy sauces and gravies poured over it! Enjoy this raw food gravy, made with fresh mushrooms, as part of your raw vegan Thanksgiving celebration, paired, of course with raw mashed potatoes.
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (such as cremini or shiitake)
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped yellow)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 teaspoons nama shoyu (raw soy sauce), (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme (dried)
- Pinch of celery seed
- Pinch of black pepper (or to taste)
Place all of the ingredients in a food processor fitted with the S-blade or a blender and process on high speed for 20 seconds or until you have a smooth, gravy-like consistency.
Enjoy your raw gravy!