This Pad Thai-inspired raw vegan food salad is hearty enough to serve as an entree and one of our favorites. The flavor in this recipe really comes from the fresh, quality ingredients, in particular, the fresh chopped cilantro, so whatever you do, don't substitute the raw fresh cilantro for dried. It just won't be the same if you do!
Toasted and crushed or chopped peanuts are traditional in Pad Thai noodle dishes, so that's one option if you're not eating raw vegan. You'll also notice that this salad recipe doesn't contain any lettuce - it doesn't need it. That's actually one of my secrets to creating the perfect salad: the lettuce shouldn't be the center of the salad because there should be so many more exciting things going on, in this case, spiralized or peeled and soft zucchini, green onions, fresh lime juice, fresh chopped cilantro and sea salt. Who needs the lettuce, with all that goodness going on?
Try this raw food recipe for a delicious and nutritious raw vegan food Pad Thai salad.
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 large handfuls of bean sprouts (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 bell pepper (red or yellow, sliced into strips)
- 4 green onions (diced)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (
- raw, cold-pressed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (sea salt)
- 3/4 cup nuts (raw, chopped or crushed, use almonds, peanuts or cashews)
- First, prepare your zucchinis. Using a vegetable peeler, peel each entire zucchini into thin strips. If you have a spiralizer or a large grater, you can also use those for a similar effect.
- Combine the zucchini strips, bean sprouts, bell pepper strips, green onions and cilantro in a large bowl. Drizzle with fresh lime juice and raw, cold-pressed olive oil (or another neutral-tasting cold-pressed oil you have on hand). Sprinkle with sea salt and gently toss everything together to combine well.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings to taste. You may prefer a bit more lime juice, olive oil or salt.
- Top with chopped or crushed nuts and enjoy your raw vegan Pad Thai-style salad!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||36 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|