Spreads and dips, like this raw pate with olives and sun-dried tomatoes, are some of the best food for a raw foodist to have around. Pates can be spread on flax crackers, raw pizza crusts, raw breads, or used as a dip for fresh veggies. It's always nice to have things like this in the fridge. Sunflower seeds make a great, creamy base but you could substitute other soaked nuts or seeds as well.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 4 sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon green onion, or red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon nama shoyu
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Soak the sunflower seeds in water for at least 2 hours or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Soak the sundried tomatoes in water to cover for 30 minutes.
- Strain the seeds and tomatoes and add them to a food processor with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|