It is important to include recipes that contain vegetables and fruit in your Passover menu, as they balance all the heavy egg, potato and matzo dishes eaten during the holiday week. Miriam's Red Cabbage can be made several days in advance, refrigerated and reheated. Thus, this delicious and pareve vegetable dish is good for body and soul!
- 1 medium red cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 1 large onion, peeled, trimmed, and chopped
- 2 green apples with peel, cord and chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons oil, such as olive or grapeseed
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and white pepper to taste
- In a large chef's pan or Sauté cabbage, onion, and apple in oil until somewhat softened (about 10 minutes).
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer covered for one hour.
Note: This can be made several days ahead, refrigerated and reheated.
Word of Mouth Kosher Catering. Recipe reprinted with permission
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|