|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 to 8 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||18%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||19%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
We used golden raisins in this salad, but regular raisins may be used as well. Instead of pecans, make it with walnuts or sunflower seeds. See the tips and variations below the recipe for more add-in and substitution ideas and how to toast the pecans.
- 3/4 to 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 small head red cabbage (finely chopped or thinly sliced or shredded)
- 1 medium red onion (finely chopped or thinly sliced)
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 4 tablespoons chopped pecans
Gather the ingredients.
Combine 3/4 cup mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar; set aside.
In a large serving bowl, combine the cabbage, onion, raisins, and pecans and toss to blend.
Stir in the mayonnaise mixture. Add more mayonnaise, as needed.
Serve as a side for your next cookout, pulled pork dinner, or holiday dinner and enjoy.
- To toast the pecans, spread them out in a large dry skillet and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly until the pecans are aromatic and lightly browned.
- Turn this slaw into a low carb salad by omitting the raisins and using a sugar substitute.
- Taste and add more or less sugar, to suit your preferences.
- Replace the golden raisins with regular raisins.
- Add about 1/4 cup of crumbled cooked bacon.
- Replace the pecans with sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts.