This Red Carpet cocktail is completely different than another 'Red Carpet' (recipe below), which debuted during the 2008 Academy Awards. Where that one had cranberry and Patron Tequila, this cocktail for 2009 features the oh-so-smooth Oval Vodka, Campari and the always popular flavor of pomegranate. Beyond these two recipes, you will find many more "Red Carpet" cocktails - each of which are completely different - as it is a very popular drink name during the entertainment awards season.
The Campari transforms this from an ordinary vodka cocktail into a before Oscar dinner party delight and, in the end, gives the drink some complexity that differentiates it from being just another pomegranate martini. Overall, The Red Carpet is an impressive drink, worthy of an Oscar itself.
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lemon slice.
(Recipe from Oval Vodka)
The Patron Red Carpet
The Red Carpet, the epitome of star-studded celebrity and the People to Know, and finally, a drink. Actually this tequila cocktail, dubbed the Red Carpet, is one of two feature drinks to be served at the 2008 Academy Awards pre-show reception and the Governors Ball afterwards.
That glamour aside, it is a really good drink filled with four fruits, some sugar and a little tequila. The gold sugar suggested for the rim may be hard to find, but even a rim of “average” sugar will have you drinking just like the stars (at least for one night).
- 1 1/2 ounces Patrón Silver Tequila
- 1/2 ounce Patrón Citrónge Orange Liqueur
- fresh raspberry juice
- Dash organic cranberry juice
- Fresh lime juice
- Gold sugar rim
- Orange wedge dipped in gold sugar for garnish
- Wet the rim of a cocktail glass using an orange or lime wedge.
- Rim the wet with gold sugar, shake off excess sugar and set aside
- Pour the liquid ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into the prepared cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an orange wedge dipped in gold sugar.
(Recipe from Patron Tequila)
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|