|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 23g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Sweet, simple and refreshing, the distinct flavor of the lychee fruit is the star of the red lotus cocktail. It is a very simple mixed drink that you may quickly find becomes a new favorite.
In this recipe, a sweet lychee liqueur accents that favorite combination of vodka and cranberry. It's an interesting play of flavors that is both intensely sweet and delicately refreshing. It is also just a little different from many favorite vodka cocktails, making it a nice drink to break up any routine.
Gather the ingredients.
Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
Serve and enjoy!
- The heavy fruit flavors mean that you can get away with a mid-ranged vodka in this drink, but you do want one that's smooth. Fortunately, there are many budget-friendly vodkas on the market today that taste great and are perfect for cocktails like this.
- A fun garnish for the red lotus is three pitted lychees skewered on a cocktail pick. You can also stuff the lychee with cranberries or blueberries (similar to this eyeball garnish, but without the "gore").
- Serve this drink a little taller by straining it into a highball glass then topping it with a light soda (e.g., club soda, lemon-lime, ginger ale) or sparkling wine. The strawberry notes in sparkling rosé would be a lovely addition.
- This drink can also be made by the pitcher for a small party. You might want to switch the ratio slightly, pouring 1 part each vodka and lychee liqueur with 2 parts cranberry juice to lower the alcohol content.
- Add a hint of citrus by garnishing the drink with a lime wedge, which the drinker can squeeze into the mix if they like. A twist of lime peel expressed over the drink then laid on the rim is nice as well.
- Pour a flavored vodka to give the drink more depth. Citrus and vanilla vodkas are excellent choices, though you could add a complementary flavor such as any berry or apple.
- Lighten up the drink by pouring white cranberry juice rather than the more common red variety. It tends to be less sweet and has more of a white grape juice profile.