If you're interested in how to make red pepper sauce, this recipe is for a spicy barbecue sauce that can be brushed onto meats at the end of cooking or served as a side sauce.
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) water
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) sugar
- 8 ounces (250 mL) Tabasco (or similar sauce)
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) cayenne
1. Mix all ingredients in a saucepan. Heat on low for 10 minutes.
2. Allow to cool. This sauce can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for about a month.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|