End the night with a bang, a.k.a. the easiest lava dessert ever. This one-mug wonder combines the richness of a classic red velvet cake with the melt-in-your-mouthness of a soufflé. All it takes is a few ingredients — including truffles for a warm chocolate-caramel center — a whisk, your favorite mug, and a minute in the microwave.
- 4 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp. fat-free milk
- 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp. white vinegar
- A few drops red food coloring
- 2 chocolate truffle balls
- Combine all ingredients except the truffles into a large microwave-safe mug. Whisk until batter is completely smooth. If you’d like a darker red color, you can add more food coloring now and mix well again.
- Press the chocolate truffle balls into the center of the cake batter. Make sure the balls are completely covered with cake batter.
- Cook the cake on medium high for about 50-60 seconds. Microwaves vary but you are looking for it to rise and feel springy to touch. It should also pull away from the sides a bit.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||124 g|
|Saturated Fat||65 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||44 g|
|Dietary Fiber||34 g|