|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 35g||44%|
|Saturated Fat 19g||93%|
|Total Carbohydrate 37g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||13%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This casserole is made with a delicious combination of flavors. Corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, Thousand Island dressing, and noodles are combined in this tasty casserole. The rye bread crumb topping is the perfect finishing touch. I like caraway seeds, but they may be omitted.
Use deli corned beef or make the casserole with diced leftover corned beef.
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles (uncooked)
- 6 to 8 ounces corned beef (sliced deli corned beef or leftover)
- 1 pound sauerkraut (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Optional: 1/2 to 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing (light or regular)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 slices dark rye bread (or pumpernickel bread)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Grease or spray a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
Heat the oven to 350 F.
Cook the noodles in boiling salted water following package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
Cut the corned beef into small pieces; add to noodles along with the drained sauerkraut, shredded Swiss cheese, and caraway seeds. Pour noodle mixture into the prepared baking dish.
In another bowl, whisk together the dressing, milk, and mustard.
Spoon the dressing mixture evenly over the noodle mixture. Tear the bread into smaller pieces and put it into a food processor; pulse to make small crumbs.
Toss the breadcrumbs with the melted butter then sprinkle over the casserole.
Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes.