This casserole is made with a delicious combination of flavors. Corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, Thousand Island dressing, and noodles are combined in this tasty casserole. The rye bread crumb topping is the perfect finishing touch. I like caraway seeds, but they may be omitted.
Use deli corned beef or make the casserole with diced leftover corned beef.
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles (uncooked)
- 6 to 8 ounces corned beef (sliced deli corned beef or leftover)
- 1 pound sauerkraut (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, optional
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing (light or regular)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 slices dark rye or pumpernickel bread
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Grease or spray a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Cook the noodles in boiling salted water following package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Cut the corned beef into small pieces; add to noodles along with the drained sauerkraut, shredded Swiss cheese, and caraway seeds. Pour noodle mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk together the dressing, milk, and mustard.
- Spoon the dressing mixture evenly over the noodle mixture. Tear the bread into smaller pieces and put it into a food processor; pulse to make small crumbs.
- Toss the breadcrumbs with the melted butter then sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes.
More Corned Beef Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||35 g|
|Saturated Fat||19 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|