Rhonda is the author of several cookbooks. Many are comprehensive cuisine guides with over 300 recipes per cookbook.
- Author of 11 cookbooks, including "The Everything Chinese Cookbook"
- Published hundreds of Chinese food recipes online and contributed to publications such as Fine Cooking
Rhonda Parkinson wrote for The Spruce for 16 years, publishing hundreds of original recipes and articles over the course of this time.
Rhonda Parkinson's education in Chinese cooking began as a teenager when she worked with a group of women who were new immigrants from Hong Kong. Soon she honed her Chinese cooking skills with ingredients sourced in the Chinatown area of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Awards and Publications
The cookbooks she has written include:
- "The Everything Chinese Cookbook" (Everything, 2003)
- "The Everything Stir-Fry Cookbook" (Everything, 2007)
- "The Everything College Cookbook" (Adams Media; Everything edition, 2005)
- "The Everything Fondue Cookbook" (Everything, 2004)
- "The Everything Quick Meals Cookbook" (Everything, 2008)
- "Brownies, Cakes and Cookies" (JG Press, 2011)
"The Everything Chinese Cookbook" received a favorable review in Flavor & Fortune magazine, published by The Institute for the Advancement of the Science & Art of Chinese Cuisine (New York).
Her article "Test Drive: Woks" was published in the June/July 2011 issue of Fine Cooking.
The Spruce Eats Product Review Editorial Guidelines & Mission
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.