- Author of five cookbooks including "The Everything Chinese Cookbook"
- Published hundreds of Chinese food recipes online and contributed to publications such as Fine Cooking
Rhonda Parkinson is a former writer for The Spruce, publishing hundreds of original recipes and articles over the course of more than 16 years. She is the author of several cookbooks.
Rhonda Parkinson's education in Chinese cooking began as a teenager when she worked with a group of women who were new immigrants from Hong Kong. Soon she honed her Chinese cooking skills with ingredients sourced in the Chinatown area of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Awards and Publications
The cookbooks she has written include:
- "The Everything Chinese Cookbook" (Everything, 2003)
- "The Everything Stir-fry Cookbook" (Everything, 2007)
- "The Everything College Cookbook" (Adams Media; Everything edition, 2005)
- "The Everything Fondue Cookbook" (Everything, 2004)
- "The Everything Quick Meals Cookbook 2nd Edition" (Everything, 2008)
"The Everything Chinese Cookbook" received a favorable review in Flavor & Fortune magazine, published by The Institute for the Advancement of the Science & Art of Chinese Cuisine (New York).
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.