Rhonda is the author of several cookbooks. Many are comprehensive cuisine guides with over 300 recipes per cookbook.
- Author of 11 cookbooks, including "The Everything Chinese Cookbook"
- Published hundreds of Chinese food recipes online and contributed to publications such as Fine Cooking
Rhonda Parkinson wrote for The Spruce for 16 years, publishing hundreds of original recipes and articles over the course of this time.
Rhonda Parkinson's education in Chinese cooking began as a teenager when she worked with a group of women who were new immigrants from Hong Kong. Soon she honed her Chinese cooking skills with ingredients sourced in the Chinatown area of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Awards and Publications
The cookbooks she has written include:
- "The Everything Chinese Cookbook" (Everything, 2003)
- "The Everything Stir-Fry Cookbook" (Everything, 2007)
- "The Everything College Cookbook" (Adams Media; Everything edition, 2005)
- "The Everything Fondue Cookbook" (Everything, 2004)
- "The Everything Quick Meals Cookbook" (Everything, 2008)
- "Brownies, Cakes and Cookies" (JG Press, 2011)
"The Everything Chinese Cookbook" received a favorable review in Flavor & Fortune magazine, published by The Institute for the Advancement of the Science & Art of Chinese Cuisine (New York).
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.