- 1 pound rhubarb (cut into pieces, about 6 medium stalks)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup sugar (divided)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter (cut into small pieces)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- For the Biscuit Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 heaping tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Combine rhubarb in a medium saucepan with 1 tablespoon water and 3/4 cup sugar. Heat until juice begins to bubble around the edge. Mix together the 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup sugar; stir in a small amount of hot rhubarb juice to make a paste. Stir cornstarch paste mixture into the hot mixture; boil for 1 minute.
- Pour rhubarb mixture into a buttered 8-inch round baking dish. Dot with 1 1/2 teaspoons butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Combine biscuit mix and 1 tablespoon sugar. Add 3 tablespoons melted butter and 1/2 cup of milk; mix with a fork just until moistened.
- Drop by spoonfuls over the hot fruit mixture. Sprinkle with additional granulated sugar for a little extra sparkle.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|