This is a great tasting rhubarb crisp made with fresh rhubarb and an oat crumb topping. Serve this dessert with a dollop of whipped topping or scoop of ice cream.
- 4 cups rhubarb (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice mixed with 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar (granulated)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons cold butter (cut into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup flour (sifted all-purpose)
- Dash salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup rolled oats (quick cooking)
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Butter an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Arrange diced rhubarb in the prepared baking dish.
- Toss rhubarb with the orange juice and cornstarch mixture, then sprinkle with the 1 cup sugar and the cinnamon; dot with the 1 tablespoon of cut up butter.
- Combine melted butter with brown sugar.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda; mix with oats.
- Combine the flour-oat mixture with the brown sugar and melted butter mixture until well blended. With hands, spread the crumb mixture over rhubarb.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve warm, with ice cream or whipped topping.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|