|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 2 loaves (20 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||18%|
|Total Carbohydrate 34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This rhubarb bread is an excellent way to enjoy spring rhubarb. The rhubarb nut bread is topped with a nutty butter and brown sugar topping with a hint of cinnamon.
Sour cream gives this rhubarb bread wonderful texture and moistness. This is a great quick bread for spring get-togethers.
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar (packed)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups/11 1/4-ounce flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups rhubarb (fresh, diced)
- 1/2 cup pecans (or walnuts, chopped)
- For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup pecans (or walnuts, chopped)
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Grease and flour two 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pans.
Beat together the 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder; stir to blend thoroughly.
Add the flour mixture to the first mixture along with the sour cream. Stir just until all ingredients are moistened.
Fold the rhubarb and 1/2 cup of chopped nuts into the batter.
Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pans.
Combine topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle evenly over the loaves.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 55 to 65 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Baking soda and baking powder in quick breads begin to react and produce gas as soon as they are mixed with the wet ingredients. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and have the oven and pans ready. Mix the wet and dry mixtures together just until well moistened and bake immediately.
You Might Also Like