This flavorful beef rib eye - or ribeye - roast is coated with coarse black pepper and thyme, and then it's topped with a mustard and horseradish sauce mixture. Serve with baked potatoes and tossed salad.
Use an oven probe or meat thermometer or check the roast periodically with a reliable instant-read thermometer.
This simple rib eye roast is an excellent alternative recipe with garlic, salt, and pepper. Or try this recipe for an herb-crusted beef top loin.
- 1 beef rib eye roast, about 4 pounds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a roasting pan with foil and place a rack in the pan.
- Combine the kosher salt, coarsely ground black pepper, and thyme; rub over all sides of roast.
- Place the roast, fat side up, on the rack in the roasting pan.
- If using a meat thermometer or oven probe, insert it into the center of roast. Or use an instant-read thermometer to check the roast periodically.
- Roast the rib eye roast at 350 F for about 1 hour.
- Combine the Dijon mustard and horseradish; spread over the beef.
- Roast for 25 minutes longer, or until roast is about 135 F to 145 F (on an instant-read thermometer or meat thermometer) for medium rare to medium. Roast to about 150 F for medium-well.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|