Chocolate Pastry Cream can be a lovely filling for your next pastry or cake.
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate (melted)
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate (melted)
- Boil 2 cups of milk. Beat yolks with sugar and remaining milk. Whisk until smooth. Add cornstarch and flour until combined. Gradually whisk hot milk into egg mixture. Return to saucepan. Cook over medium heat, constantly stirring until mixture boils and thickens. Reduce to low and stir for 2 minutes longer then remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and melted chocolates. Pour into a shallow disk. Cover with plastic wrap. (Make sure wrap touches surface to prevent a skim from forming.) Cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Makes approximately 3 cups.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)