Roast chicken proves that sometimes simple is better. Simply mix spices, coat chicken and then bake uncovered in the oven. You can make preparation and serving even easier by buying a chicken cut into eighths. The result is a moist and flavorful chicken entree that everyone will love.
- 1 3 1/2-pound (1.5 kilo) chicken (cut into eighths)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Place chicken in a shallow pan.
- Mix oil and spices in a bowl. Rub on chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Discard marinade. Pour water into a shallow roasting pan. Place rack over water. Place chicken on the rack.
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Roast chicken, uncovered, for 1 hour, or until the chicken is tender and its juices run clear when pricked with a fork.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of white wine to the marinade.
- Place onion slices under the rack in the roasting pan.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||67 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||31 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)