Roast lamb shoulder recipe with garlic, lemon juice, and other seasonings.
- 1 large clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lamb shoulder roast (boneless, about 3 to 4 pounds, pan drippings reserved)
- For the Gravy:
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water (cold)
- Combine minced garlic, flour, salt, pepper, and lemon juice, rub all over roast. Place lamb on a large sheet of heavy-duty foil; wrap and secure edges of foil. Place wrapped roast in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast at 325 F for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until a meat thermometer registers about 160 F for Medium or 170 F for Well Done. Open foil the last 30 minutes or roasting.
- Remove meat to a platter. Pour pan juices into a 2-cup measuring cup and add water to make 1 3/4 cups. Transfer meat juices to a saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Put 3 tablespoons flour in a small cup or bowl; stir in 1/2 cup cold water.
- Pour into the meat juice mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||47 g|
|Saturated Fat||20 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|