This roast pork loin recipe with potatoes is a snap to prepare and cook. The pork roast is rubbed with basic seasonings and they it's roasted to perfection with potatoes. I use fingerlings or small whole new potatoes if they're available. Red-skinned potatoes or Yukon gold are good choices as well.
Serve the roast with steamed vegetables and a salad for an extra-special family meal. This roast makes a great Sunday dinner.
- 1 boneless pork loin roast, about 3 to 4 pounds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 to 6 medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 to 2 teaspoon freeze-dried or fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oven to 325 F (165 C/Gas 3).
- Rub pork loin with 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme, then sprinkle with salt and pepper; place pork loin in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and quarter potatoes; cook in boiling water for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain, let cool, and place potatoes in a large bowl; toss with olive oil, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, chives, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes around pork loin; roast an additional 45 to 60 minutes, or until pork registers at least 145 F on a thermometer.
- Cover roast pork loin with foil and let stand for about 15 minutes before slicing.
Serves 8 to 10.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|