This spiced pork loin roast is glazed with a sweet and flavorful orange mixture just before it's done. It's an excellent entree to serve at a dinner party or holiday meal. Use a bone-in pork loin roast or a loin rib roast.
Serve this pork roast with mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes and your favorite side vegetables.
- For the Orange Glaze:
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (light, packed)
- For the Spice Mixture:
- 3 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 scant teaspoon black pepper (coarsely ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- For the Pork:
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (about 5 pounds)
- Heat oven to 325 F (165 C/Gas 3).
- In a small bowl combine orange glaze ingredients. Blend well and refrigerate until needed.
- In another small bowl combine the spice mixture ingredients and rub all over the pork.
- Place the pork on a rack in a baking pan. Roast for about 20 to 25 minutes per pound.
- About 15 minutes before the pork will be done, spoon the orange glaze mixture over the roast. Continue roasting to at least 145° F on a food thermometer.
- Tent the roast loosely with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.*
*Meat continues cooking after it is removed from the oven, so will increase in temperature. A roast also needs time to redistribute the juices.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|