By roasting broccoli with a few chiles and a bit of lemon, you can turn this quotidian vegetable into a new treat, adding a lot of flavor as well as texture to what could otherwise be a rather tame and boring meal.
- 2 pounds broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small fresh red chile (such as a Fresno), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Trim the broccoli and cut it into large bite-size pieces.
- Toss the broccoli with the oil. Transfer the broccoli to a roasting pan.
- Sprinkle the broccoli with the sliced chile, lemon zest, and salt.
- Roast the broccoli until tender and browning on the edges, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice to taste and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|