|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||14%|
|Total Carbohydrate 29g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||33%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Toasted sliced almonds give this simple, delicious quinoa and cauliflower salad extra flavor and a satisfying crunch. There are a few steps to the preparation, but it's really quite easy to put together. Serve this tasty salad warm or chilled.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash garlic salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup frozen peas, cooked just until tender
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced blanched almonds
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Heat the oven to 375 F.
Separate the cauliflower into small florets. Line a large rimmed baking pan with foil and toss the cauliflower with the 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil. Spread out on the prepared baking pan and roast for about 15 to 20 minutes, until tender and lightly browned.
Put a dry skillet over medium heat. Add the almonds and cook, stirring, until they are lightly browned and aromatic. Remove from the heat.
Combine the roasted cauliflower with the cooked quinoa and peas, the toasted almonds, sliced green onions, and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add more lemon juice if desired.
Serve warm or chilled on salad greens, pea shoots, or spinach leaves.
You Might Also Like
- Roasted Cauliflower With Parmesan Cheese: This dish is a great way to enjoy fresh cauliflower. The cauliflower is tossed with a savory mixture of garlic and Parmesan cheese, then it's roasted to perfection.
- Curry Roasted Cauliflower: Curry powder and cilantro add lots of flavor to this easy roasted cauliflower recipe. Make this cauliflower to serve as a side dish or make it for a healthy snack.