Succulent roasted chicken combines with fresh mangoes to create a Caribbean-style dish sure to please. Easy to prepare, this is a simple but delicious dish to serve family or friends. Wonderful flavors of the Caribbean are used in the marinade - brown sugar, citrus, garlic, fresh mango, and herbs.
- 1 Whole Chicken (3 to 4 pounds), rinsed and patted dry with paper towels
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Shallot, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Ripe Mango, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons Butter, unsalted and soft
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Rub chicken all over with the butter and salt. To make the marinade, place the remaining ingredients in a food processor and chop until a chunky consistency.
- Place chicken breast-side down in a roasting pan and pour marinade over the top. Place pan in the oven. After about 20 minutes, turn the chicken breast-side up and spoon some of the marinade over the top.
- After another 10 minutes, the breast should be beginning to brown. Turn oven down to 350°F. Baste again and continue to roast until a thermometer inserted into the thigh meat reads 165°F. Continue basting every 15 minutes. Total cooking time from start to finish shouldn't be much more than an hour, depending on the size of the chicken.
- Remove chicken from pan and let rest on a platter or carving board for five minutes. Carve and enjoy.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||52 g|
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|